Vegetarian Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Vegetarian stuffed mushrooms are a win in our household as a main dish because they are large enough to fill a plate (and our stomachs!) and can be stuffed with a variety of healthy ingredients. This hardy meal is not only melt in your mouth delicious but Portobello mushrooms contain macronutrients consisting of protein, fat and carbohydrates. As a Fitness trainer I love macronutrients and I am always speaking about how important your nutrition is for energy and fuel. Energy level is a fundamental key to thriving and not just surviving.
Did you know that one Portobello mushroom delivers more potassium than a banana? Although potassium does not directly give you energy, it helps send more oxygen to your brain allowing your heart and arteries to function more efficiently resulting in more energy in the PRESENT.
Look out for my next Blog on Love your MACROS 😉
As a mom and business owner I am all about quick and easy recipes like this one. Get ready to indulge!
2 Portobella mushrooms
1 can black beans
1/2 cup brown rice
1 head of rapini (or can also use spinach)
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup avocado oil
2 Tbsp grated goat cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and place 1/4 cup water in a casserole dish
- Remove brown gills from undersides of 2 portobella mushrooms using a spoon and discard gills
- Wash the mushrooms and dry well removing stalks
- Boil 1/2 cup of brown rice in 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- In a pan, heat 1/4 cup avocado oil on medium heat and sauté garlic. Once garlic is browned place in 1 head of rapini and mix with oil and garlic. Turn heat to low and cover until soft
- Warm up 1 can of black beans until soft and then using a potato masher, mash the beans until soft and creamy
- Once rapini is sautéed, cut into small pieces and mix in with brown rice
- Place mushrooms in the casserole dish flesh up and stuff with one layer of mashed brown beans, then brown rice and rapini
- Place mushrooms in the oven for 25 minutes. Pull the dish out and place grated goat cheese on top and put back in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted