I am super excited about this recipe as it is simple and sooooo good! It is both creamy and tart. I taste tested this on a few of my family and friends who are not dairy free nor vegan and they loved it!
The crust is only 2 ingredients and the filling only 5 – must I say more? Go on and give this recipe a try. Enjoy xx
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup raw pecans (you can use any nut here)
1 1/2 cup soaked cashews
1 large lemon juiced
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup lemon grind
- Add dates to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Add nuts into blender or food processor and blend into a meal. Then add dates back in and blend.
- Lightly grease, with coconut oil, a spring foam pan
- Place crust into the foam pan and press with your fingers to fill the old. Pack the crust mixture down using the back of a spoon. Set in the freezer to firm up.
- Add the filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth.
- Pour the filling mixture on top of the crust and smooth with a spatula
- Pour the blueberry jam on top of the cheesecake mixture and cool in fridge until served
- Put the blueberries, lemon juice and lemon grind in a pot, cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove the lid and cook on medium heat for approximately 15 minutes. The mixture will reduce by 1/3 and thicken.
- Blend the mixture until a smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a jar and store in the fridge.