Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined sugar-free
Yields: 10 truffles
This simple 4-ingredient recipe is made with no heavy cream or refined sugar and takes less than 15 minutes to make! As many of you know by now, I have a love affair with chocolate (always have!). It is a nice sweet treat that I love to keep in the fridge for when I am feeling it. Most truffles are far too decadent for me and they typically contain dairy which I am highly intolerant to and steer away from. In replace of heavy cream I have used heart-healthy avocado as the base and let me tell you – you wouldn’t even guess that this is what makes these truffles super creamy.
As you begin to rid your diet of refined sugars, artificial flavours, preservatives, msg and the list goes on you retrain your taste buds to want and crave healthier foods. By eliminating these ingredients you begin to detoxify the body giving it only real ingredients that is recognizes and can eliminate.
I decided to coat the truffles with maca powder for its many health benefits. You can also use shredded coconut, cacao powder, chia seeds, etc. Maca is naturally high in minerals (calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc), sterols, essential fatty acids, lipids, fiber, carbohydrates, protein, and amino acids. It is often recommended to those with adrenal fatigue as it nourishes them and reduces stress hormones. It is also fantastic in helping boost hormones, fertility, increase energy and more!
With Valentine’s Day just one month away I really wanted to perfect a decadent chocolate recipe to share with you all. Enjoy x
- 1 Hass avocado
- ¾ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy life)
- A pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Maca powder (to roll balls in)
- With a potato masher, mash one avocado until smooth and lump-free
- Melt chocolate chips in a double broiler
- Pour melted chocolate into the bowl with the avocado and mix until well combined
- Place the mixture into the fridge to set for 30 minutes. Once th e mixture has firmed up, remove from fridge and make the truffles by rolling a tablespoon at a time into a 1-inch ball.
- Fill a shallow bowl with maca powder and roll each truffle until coated. Roll some truffles in the maca powder and some simply sprinkle a few Himalayan sea salt crystals on each truffle. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.