This classic Mexican breakfast brings me back to the days I lived in Mexico. Eggs covered in fresh salsa – who wouldn’t want to wake up to the smell of this? This breakfast is both hearty and healthy and is the fuel you need to start off your busy day!
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1/2 medium onion
6 ripe tomatoes (chopped)
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- In a large skillet, on medium heat, sauté onion until translucent then add tomatoes.
- Add salt, pepper and chilli powder to taste
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 10 minutes
- Heat a separate pan on medium heat and crack 4 eggs and cook 3-4 minutes making sure that the yolk remains runny
- Scoop some salsa onto the plate, top with a tortilla and then some more salsa and sprinkle with cilantro